11/27/13

nature in the home / / painting with nature

 

Every year I eagerly await the Holiday season. Much as that includes my love and appreciation for Thanksgiving, I just can't help but crave all things Christmas. There is something so comforting about coming home to twinkling lights, warm cookie smells, and evergreen. But I just can't bring myself to decorate until after Thanksgiving. To me, it doesn't feel right to celebrate one holiday when the one prior hasn't even ended. Crazy OCD, perhaps! So we save our decorating for the day after. But I do envy admire fellow bloggers and friends who are already blissfuly decorated. It's a struggle, I swear. Because of that, we have been trying to find little ways to sneak in some Christmas-ness, so that at that very second when Thanksgiving ends, we can (in good conscious) allow Christmas to take over.

Logan loved our new 'paintbrushes.'
Sadly though, these were one time use, as they did not rinse well-- but it was worth it. 

We had intended to decorate this tree here with pine needles today, but mother nature decided to rain on our parade...literally. 

We'll have to try something with the pine needles again. 
Such fun to work with-- and only slightly prickly.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this idea of pine needle paintbrushes - and they look beautiful too! (like little Christmas brooms sweeping out the old year)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I love the brushes and the finished product is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete